Saturday, 23 March 2013

AQUAMEMORY MOISTURE REPLENISH MASK: GATINEAU PRODUCT REVIEW

The past 3 weeks have been crazy - hectic in a way that is diabolical in comparison to the prior duvet days and slow-moving sessions of those before that. University is a different world to everything else. A bubble, if you like, in which there is a completely different clock. You often forget about the world around you, the cold drawl of the 9 to 5 and 'grown-up' life. Cue 4 weeks of Buying work placements and I'm hurtling back to Earth. If I thought I needed Gatineau before, the dried out, flaky skin reflected in the mirror in front of me is a horrible reminder that life does get worse after uni. I need a lifesaver, a magic bottled potion like that of the fairytales that turned Shrek from an Ogre into a sexy, chocolate-haired man. I need the Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Mask.

I must admit, I was skeptical when greeted by a duck egg blue, gel-like substance easing out of the sleek white bottle. Given, it felt like liquified silk but drew little to no comparison to the 99p sludge (which mind you has always worked a treat) found in garishly coloured sachets at Superdrug. How could this light as a feather substance fix the train wreck that I am now confronted with?

The bottle instructed me to 'apply in a thick layer', which I did happily - never one to do anything sparingly - and leave on for 10 minutes. The gel glides on clear and gives you that fresh laundry feeling with it's clean, refreshing aroma. It's soft, satiny texture provides an everlasting feeling of hydration while it's on - almost as though you've just splashed your face with cold water...repeatedly. No drying, no cracking. It literally feels as though you've just put it on for the whole 10 minutes. If you're looking for a quick and easy wake-up call, this may be your buy. If you're just looking for a little slice of pure, unadulterated facial luxury, you may as well whip out the debit card as well. The Aquamemory mask feels like a plush blanket of velvet hugging and draping every dry, unloved crevice of your face. 

The results? Smooth, plump and hydrated skin with not a single sign of oily sheen. My face definitely felt in the best shape it had been for a while and the quick use time means that it's a product I could easily fit into my busy schedule.

The cons? Not many of note. If you have any bad spots or open abrasions the cooling/tingling sensation can feel a little like burning and/or be slightly uncomfortable. Nonetheless, it was not painful and didn't leave any damage on my skin. Furthermore, the mask does take quite a while to wash off with hot water and required quite a good scrub to remove all residue.

THE VERDICT:

8/10 - This product is most definitely an investment and a staple in one. It is a skincare saviour for anyone like me - a student nearing her 20s with a schedule that's split between Birmingham and London - who is left with dry, flaky skin and no time to pamper it. Like Fairy Dust in a bottle, this bad boy will be a new must have in my beauty bag. So, what are you waiting for ladies? Get clicking!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lipstick and Loudmouths - UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig