Friday, 4 January 2013

WHY I LOVE: COMPANY MAGAZINE!


Alright. Who's seen it? Company Magazine, January 2013 issue.

I've always been a Company fan, especially after that makeover with that recyclable paper, (yes, who doesn't love a good slice of fashion with a side order of ethical, guilt-free, fat-free goodness?) but, after reading the newest issue, I think I'm officially hooked.

Now, I must admit - and, if you're reading Victoria White (Company's Editor), cover your eyes - I've dabbled here and there in different magazines. I've committed literary adultery, sometimes bypassing the little, eco-friendly magazine, for Grazia or More on my weekly trip to the corner shop. Hands down, I confess. I haven't been the die hard, super committed issue collector that I should've been.

Enter the Superblogger Issue.

I'm hardly 5 pages in when I decide I'm taking the plunge. I'm going to do it. I want to subscribe. Cue series of gasps and startled intakes of breath. I never subscribe. In fact, when it comes to things like this, I never commit. I'm like the really annoying guy that you've been seeing for 6 months who doesn't want to admit that he's basically your boyfriend now or the "best friend" that only wants to be your "best friend" when she needs to borrow your shoes. Not a loyalty card, not a magazine subscription. Even a gift card feels like too much obligation to me. But I want to. I want to be a Company Girl.

Maybe it's just me but I can't help but think there's a hefty handful (or two) of girls nationwide that are feeling a swelling sense of self-affirmation after reading it. It could be the fact that it's all about bloggers - real women, real people who've made something of themselves purely through resilience and drive. It could just be the fact that Company gets cooler by the issue and the ideas more innovative. They had me at the headline 'Win A Pair of Louboutins' and the model in the marl sweatshirt reading 'Who The F*ck Is Mick Jagger?'.

So, I'll be taking the plunge. Sealing the deal, taking my vows, down on one knee. Everyone's invited. Don't wear white. You can't upstage the bride.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lipstick and Loudmouths - UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig