Monday, 3 September 2012

Make Me Autumn Winter

This Friday, it appeared that the last strains of sun had finally squeezed through the ominous, grey clouds - marking a long-unwanted end to Summer. No more Mimosas, no more fedora hats and certainly no more strappy wedges. Yes, girls. It's time to break out the accessory of the British Autumn/Winter season. Not umbrellas, opaques. Although disconsolately, I donned my tights with a trans-seasonal waterfall skirt and a denim shirt - a smart casual look to kick off the best of all seasons. However, fashion friends, you've no cause to fear. I may be partial to the (faux) fur permitting weather but I couldn't resist a shot of colour - packaged in the form of my sumptuous, handmade bag from the Night Bazaar in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The gorgeous colour scheme and baroque-esque pattern are reminiscent of a Russian babushka doll, hence the reason I've been unable to part with it for most of summer. AW12 might be all about dark, moody florals and oxblood leather but I'll be clinging to brights with all the strength in my manicured claws for at least a month or two.

What do you think? Is colour still on the cards or is it time to say goodbye? Let me know in the comment box below or tweet me #makemeautumnwinter














SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the bag!!!! Colors always add a nice pop up to a outfit. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit!
    I LOVE THE SKIRT
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lipstick and Loudmouths - UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig