Monday, 9 July 2012

CHIANG MAI: 1600 HOURS.

16:00 PM
If you'd asked me what I thought I'd be doing on my first day in Chiang Mai, I would not have responded with any of the above: attending dinner in a traditional dining room (equipped with floor cushions for seating, barefoot waitresses and all), petting/feeding/riding elephants, cuddling baby tigers and taking pictures with the women of the Long Neck Tribe. Well, to be honest, my answer would have probably consisted of some entirely boring market shopping and swimming in the villa's pool. My answer would have been completely off the mark. 

The past 1 1/2 days have been a whirlwind of beautiful experiences - priceless, delicate memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I thought that Hong Kong was amazing, that views had blown my mind and I wouldn't see anything quite as beautiful on my trip. Once again, I was wrong. The playful spark in the eyes of those tiger cubs and the docile nature of those giant, grey creatures are conclusively something far more special than many of the things I have seen before.

This place is so green and the land is so lush but I feel like I will forever remember it as golden - a tiny, silken thread wrapped tightly around my heart where I will never fail to recall it. This wonderful, congenial place called Chiang Mai.










Today I'm wearing my beaded beach cover-up and slouchies from Beaufox.

To see more of my holiday snaps, follow me on Twitter. I'll be posting more of my candid pictures using the tag #lipstickandloudmouthsonholiday.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Adorable photos, very inspiring post

    am following you, follow me if you like my blog
    www.personalautographs.blogspot.co.uk

    In that way, I can remember to comment often
    Jatinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the super bright orange and pink combo here babe! Also, that tiger is toooooooooo cuuute! XD

    electricdress.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete

© Lipstick and Loudmouths - UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig