Thursday, 31 May 2012

Catwalk Hair: Demure vs. Debonair

Sometimes choosing a new hairstyle can be such an endeavor - cutting out magazine clippings, trawling the web for pictures of the perfect shade of red or just generally despairing in the fact that your face is too round for bangs. Well, for that exact reason, I gave up on trying to be inventive with my hair a while ago. I've chosen my signature style and I stick to it. However, for those of you that are more experimental, I'm sure the hair mags are piling up, the salon appointments looming.

I'm no Toni & Guy but judging by the SS12 catwalks there are 2 styles that are reigning supreme - disheveled chic and lustrous sleek. Bora Aksu and Lako Bukia both chose relaxed hairstyles for their collection - giving them a more girlie and romantic feel. On the other hand, Dans La Vie, Swedish School of Design and Eudon Choi didn't hesitate to slick back their locks for a sexy androgynous feel.

I've got to say, if I'll be trying anything at all, I'll be jumping on the wet look bandwagon. It's vampish, it's seductive and it's powerful.

Bora Aksu

Lako Bukia 

Dans La Vie 

Eudon Choi

Swedish School of Design

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lipstick and Loudmouths - UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig