Dolly Girl Chic
Although most of us grew out of Barbies and dollhouses years ago (don't be ashamed if you still love them - those are collectors items!), the trend forecast has fashionistas everywhere set to move into their very own Malibu Mansions. Well, unless you've got an extreme paycheck or a life-size Ken to pay for it - not exactly - but delicate dolly fashion is hitting the fashion world faster than you can say "Cindy-Stole-Ken!".
Think Peter Pan collars, popping pink heels and cute, kitsch accessories. Go for bows, pearls and quirky pieces like the Strawberry Cake Ring from Punky All Sorts. Try Johnny Loves Rosie for stand out headgear.
Nevertheless, warning, dear style stalkers, this trend is a bit like Ribena - don't dilute it and you'll end up looking like Puff the Magic Dragon's best friend (purple teeth and all). Take this trend in small doses, edging up a plain, white dolly dress with zany accessories or keeping makeup and trimmings to a minimum in an eccentric, two-piece short suit like this dogtooth beauty at Boohoo.
Take inspiration from stars like Marina Diamandis, Lana de Rey in T Magazine and Katy Perry.
Socks with pumps, delicate lace and '50s style are key trends for the season
- Cat eye sunglasses, Asos
- Cropped blazer, Marni for H&M
- Ruffle skirt prom dress, Topshop
- Neon lace bodycon skirt, River Island
- Hot pink Yolanda pumps, Christian Louboutin
- Light wash denim bralet, River Island
- China floral lattice sundress, Topshop
- Mint green origami platforms, River Island
- Fruit print dolly dress, River Island
- Pastel pink holdall, Topshop
- Mini glitter box bag, Asos
- Pink edition Chanel No. 5, Chanel
- Orange pleated shirt dress, Topshop
- Aqua peep-toe stilettos, Giuseppe Zanotti
- No. 34 lashes, MAC Cosmetics
- Viva Glam 'Nicki' lipstick, MAC Cosmetics
- Lipglass, MAC Cosmetics
- Viva Glam 'Lady Gaga' lipglass, MAC Cosmetics
Pictures belong to their respective owners/sets created on Polyvore.