Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Boateng. Ozwald Boateng.

It took me 2 hours and a night's sleep to choose an outfit for the Ozwald Boateng AW12 presentation at his Saville Row store last night. As I shakily pained my nails with red Barry M nail paint on the train towards Victoria, I struggled to contain my excitement. I may not have the steely glare of Daphne Guinness or the impending aura of Anna Wintour but I was still at fashion week!
Teetering along the pavement in my Jeffrey Campbell boots, my heart pulsed as the shiny letter's spelling out Mr Boateng's name came into view. The queue was just as chic as the suits in the window and I could already tell I would love his collection. 
The store was packed with fashionistas and the press ogling the suave suits inspired by the cross between Eastern and Western cultures. Asian models posed for the incessant flash bulbs going off in the stylishly furnished space and a female musician with a soulful voice serenaded a crowd in the back room. Mohair, grey and camel hues and wool blend featured in the suits and smart trousers displayed on the walls and tables as well as the models. 
Mr Boateng himself made a very brief appearance but the collection made up for it. I almost felt myself wishing I had a reason to buy (and wear) a man's suit. The things we do for fashion!

What we wore:
Myself
Fur coat (worn off the shoulders), £70, The Ragged Priest via Topshop
Black and white stripe blazer, £50, River Island
Jewel print mock silk dress, £10 (sale), River Island Design Forum
Snake skin bag (carried as clutch), £?, can't remember where from
Lita Boots, £120, Jeffrey Campbell gifted by my parents

James Burke - 19 years old, Model and Property Developer
Blue suit, Grosvenor
Black turtle neck, Jaeger
Yellow socks, Burlington
Black monk shoes, Church's

Storm Clarke-Webster - 18 years old, Art Student
Print top, Selfridges
Black jeans, Topshop
Black velvet heels, Office
Metallic Bayswater, Mulberry

What we ate: Miso soup and Super Food pots at Itsu with vitamin water

Some candid shots from the night:










SHARE:

1 comment

  1. OMG SOOhot grate post! very stilish Naomi xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Lipstick and Loudmouths - UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig